- The sheer romance of the place - from the glistening waters of the loch to the lush green woodlands
- The prestigious, double award winning restaurant with its hearty gourmet menu
- The cosy bedrooms with their antiques, unique art work and homely vibe
- Snuggling up by the crackling fires
Romantic loch-side country hotel close to the foot of Ben Cruachan Mountain, with gourmet dining and beautiful grounds
With the slopes of Ben Cruachan Mountain in the distance, the rugged coast nearby and the waters of Loch Awe right on your doorstep, the Ardanaiseig Hotel in Scotland is in a spot of astounding natural beauty. It's hardly surprising then that it's earned the title of Romantic Hotel of the Year for 2012 as well as three AA Rosettes.
Surrounded on all sides by landscaped gardens, wild woodland and lochside trails, there are countless places to walk, cycle, fish and generally enjoy the great outdoors (if the weather permits). All that fresh air and exercise is even better when you can follow it with a dram of the finest malt whisky from the bar and award-winning gourmet cuisine from Cornel Uys.
Bedrooms are super-cosy and have an inviting lived-in feel with hand-picked antique features and plenty of luxurious amenities. If the mood takes you can simply grab a book and curl up in the lounge by the crackling fire.
Can't commit to booking right now?Hold a date for only £25 while you decide.
- Pay £25 to hold a date until the end of the sale.
- If you choose to buy it, the money will go towards your purchase, if not, the cash will be credited to your Secret Escapes account.
Important: Please note, this is not a deposit, complete or guaranteed booking; holding the date simply prevents other members from swooping in and booking your preferred date while you're still having a think about it. Secret Escapes will not be liable for expenses incurred should that date not be available to book and a hold is cancelled.
For more details, please see our FAQ page and our terms and conditions