- Fantastically character-packed and eccentric accommodation
- Snuggling up next to a roaring fires or in the cinema room for relaxation after a day on the moor
- Wonderful homely British cuisine in the beautiful candlelit restaurant
Eccentric small harbourside hotel in Somerset, with full Cornish breakfast and optional cream tea
Perched between the shingle shores of the Bristol Channel and the rolling wilderness of the Exmoor National Park, Porlock Weir is a charming functioning harbour village and a wonderful destination for a romantic rural getaway. For centuries Millers at the Anchor has accommodated visiting sailors and hunters and has recently been revamped by antique aficionado and gin producer Martin Miller, in his own inimitable style. The hotel won itself a TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2013.
Millers at the Anchor demonstrates the full breadth of its owner's extensive antique expertise - its library, lounge, dining room and bedrooms uniquely and individually decorated with plush furnishings, roaring fires, oil paintings, marble busts, gilt mirrors and antique candelabras. It makes for a great base for exploring the South West Coastal Path and the heather clad hills and secluded valleys of Exmoor and engaging in any number of traditional British outdoor pursuits on offer locally.
Can't commit to booking right now?Hold a date for only £25 while you decide.
- Pay £25 to hold a date until the end of the sale.
- If you choose to buy it, the money will go towards your purchase, if not, the cash will be credited to your Secret Escapes account.
Important: Please note, this is not a deposit, complete or guaranteed booking; holding the date simply prevents other members from swooping in and booking your preferred date while you're still having a think about it. Secret Escapes will not be liable for expenses incurred should that date not be available to book and a hold is cancelled.
For more details, please see our FAQ page and our terms and conditions